Go to the Main Business Forum page

Thanks for bearing with me this week.... [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for bearing with me this week....

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Dien Rice
June 28, 2001, 09:37 PM
This is just a short note to thank everyone for bearing with me this week....

Earlier on in the week, my Mom was very sick, and she had to be rushed to hospital. She was in danger of going into a coma.... In fact, for about 24 hours there, I thought the worst may occur....

It's caused me to rethink some things, the direction of my life, and so on. It's an unpleasant topic for many, but when these things happen, you can't help but face your own mortality, and the mortality of those around you who you love....

Thank God, my Mom pulled back from the brink and is conscious again, and she is regaining her strength every day....

However, I just want to thank everyone here for bearing with me this week.... I just felt I owed the "supportive gang" here an explanation for my lack of activity!

By the way, during this time, I read through Richard Myers' and Simon Latouche's posts below about Near-Death Experiences, and took some comfort from them.... (Thanks for these posts! They helped me out a lot....) :)

So thank you everyone, and my apologies for not being very prompt this week....

However, many of the discussions and posts here have a therapeutic feeling about them, a feeling of warmth and support. Thanks everyone for making this a great forum to hang out in.... :)

- Dien

Some recent posts on the forum...

[CaRP] This appears to be an HTML webpage, not a feed.

This is a SOWPub Archive page