Go to the Main Business Forum page

Y2K---->Y2K1 [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Y2K---->Y2K1

Pages : [1] 2 3

John David Bradshaw
September 17, 2001, 01:31 AM
Was the Y2K scenario a training ground for Y2K1 and beyond?

Today I was thinking about all the things I did to get ready for Y2K, just in case.

Now I'm thinking about what needs to be done to get ready for Y2K1. Not, just in case. More likely, just in time.

Today I stopped in town to get a load of water. I live in the country. I have a cistern water supply and haul fresh water from the town water fill station.

While there, an SUV pulled up next to my pickup truck. Two gentlemen got out of the truck and asked if I could help them.

One of them showed me a business card size ticket advertising the local gun show that was going on in our small town this weekend. They were not familiar with the area and were looking for the small convention center that was hosting the gun show. I gave them directions to the gun show. They got back in their SUV and left.

What surprised me was my own reaction to these men.

You see, they looked to be of middle-eastern descent. They spoke with a foreign accent. They wanted directions to the gun show...where you can buy and sell guns with no paper trail.

I was shaken. I hope they didn't notice.

Hopefully, they were American citizens who mean no harm to anyone. Either gun hobbyists, or even someone looking for a weapon strictly for self-defense.

But what shook me most was the fact that I was shaken by this happenstance.

I tell myself that I am not prejudiced.

I am angry...but I am trying to work through it.

I tell myself that my God is in control, and my trust is in Him.

But today, for a moment in time, I was frightened. What if these men were evil men? What if they bought a gun and used it to hurt someone because I gave them directions to the gun show.

JDB

www.i-65.com (http://www.i-65.com)

Some recent posts on the forum...

[CaRP] This appears to be an HTML webpage, not a feed.

This is a SOWPub Archive page