Go to the Main Business Forum page

Quick "Christmas" cash [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Quick "Christmas" cash

Pages : [1] 2 3

Don Alm
December 5, 2001, 09:37 PM
A few people have emailed me asking if I knew of a "Non-Direct Sales" way to make some "quick" cash for Christmas. Something that doesn't involve much "start-up" money!

So...because I thought that some other folks here might like to learn of a way to make some "quich" Christmas cash without spending much money to get started...I will reach back into my "archives" and tell you about "Bobby O";

Some yars ago, "Bobby O" called me, at about the same time of year as today...and told me he could not start his new job until Jan 1st and, rather than go into hock for the holidays...he wondered if I knew of a way to make some "quick" cash.

I told him to meet me the next morn at Wal-Mart with jeans and a sweatshirt.

The next morn Bobbie O was waiting for me. We went inside and bought some buckets, sponges, a couple chamois (those things made from deer skin for wiping water off cars) and other items to be used for "CLEANING THE OUTSIDE AND INSIDE OF AUTOMOBILES".

I had already put my garden hose, vacuum cleaner, long electric cord and small step ladder in my pickup.

We then went to a copy shop where I made copies of a flyer I had put together the night before.

The flyer said;

"BOB'S MOBILE DETAIL!

CARS WASHED & DETAILED...ON YOUR SITE!

$49 PER CAR!"

With a picture of a car.

I then drove to a large REAL ESTATE OFFICE... walked in and handed the receptionist a flyer and asked her if she would please give this flyer to the BROKER (the Owner)...and tell him we are READY TO WORK...RIGHT NOW...and we will detail HIS car for FREEBIES...if he gets his agents to use our service!

A few minutes later a man opens the door and introduces himself as the Broker and asks us a question which I sort of assumed was coming.

He asked; "How do I know you guys are any good?"

I reply with..."Let us PROVE our work by doing YOUR CAR...RIGHT NOW...at NO CHARGE. If the job is not satisfactory we walk away. If we do a good job we ask that you tell your agents...fair enough?"

Well...he thought that was FAIR and handed us the keys to his Lincoln Town Car.

Well...my buddy Bobby O was petrified. He had never detailed a car in his life. I calmed him down and told him to just be careful where he got the cleaning chemicals and I would guide him thru.

Well...it turns out that I had had MY car detailed a few times and because I had paid attention and asked question as the guys were working on MY car...I felt confident I could do a decent job.

So...we hooked up our water hose and electric cord and went to work. About an hour later I figured we were ready for "inspection".

I asked the broker to come out and check out our job and as luck would have it...he liked the job and said we should start work on "this car" and handed us a set of keys to a black mercedes.

So...thus began a day where we wound up getting paid for 8 cars...about $400 bucks we didn't have at the beginning of the day.

There were about 40 agents in this office and Bob had enough work for the next few days.

Anyway...right NOW...in YOUR town...are real estate offices owned by people who NEED CLEAN CARS because they use those cars to drive home buyers around to look at properties...and they can NOT usher these buyers in a DIRTY CAR!

So...YOU will take them out of their worry of having to take clients around in dirty vehicles by offering to 'CLEAN THEIR CARS ON SITE...IN THEIR OWN PARKING LOTS!"

Talk about CONVENIENCE!

And you can still get $49! Because, nowadays to have a vehicle detailed it's more like $135 to $160 in my town.

Now...the "detailing" that YOU would do is no way near what the "professional" shops do...but you are NOT charging what they are.

So...if you are nervous about your ability to doa good job....go have your own car detailed and PAY CLOSE ATTENTION to what they do and how they do it.

Then...get your hose, vac, cord, sponges...etc...make up some flyers and go hand them to the real estate broker in an office and see what happens.

You WILL get business AND...you do NOT have to be a "super salesman" to get the jobs. 6 to 8 cars a day...$300 to $400 INSTANT CASH! No Billing! They pay when you are finished...on the spot!

So...go give it a try!

Thanks for reading.....Don Alm

Some of my UNIQUE home-based businesses (http://www.pjbux.com)

Some recent posts on the forum...

[CaRP] This appears to be an HTML webpage, not a feed.

This is a SOWPub Archive page