Go to the Main Business Forum page

More for your money ? [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : More for your money ?

Ken Black
January 1, 2002, 03:55 PM
First of all, Happy New Year to everyone. I wish everyone reading this a very happy and prosperous 2002.

I know this is January 1, 2002, and I should be eating a Turkey, or something, but, I am working on a new ebook and revising an old one this week, so, time is limited for me. I guess so is my social life ?

Anyway, I wanted to ask what everyone is doing with promoting an ebook for sale. What I mean is, are you offering a free ebook for download on one of your webpages, then when you obtain someone's email address, are you following up with some sales material to sell your other related ebook for sale ?

Or, are you offering a few few chapters from the book for sale as a download, and then following up in the same way, and mentioning the price in the email.

Or, on the other hand, are you trying to sell your ebook right on one of your webpages, with plenty of bonuses etc. to hlep someone to buy ?

Alternatively, is anyone using direct mail to sell ebooks, and follow up with more mailings ?

I have seen many versions of this. Anyone know which one is more profitable or logical and why ?

A big question to start 2002, I know.

Thanks for any advice or comments.

Ken.

Some recent posts on the forum...

[CaRP] This appears to be an HTML webpage, not a feed.

This is a SOWPub Archive page