Go to the Main Business Forum page

Marketing Outrageously to "Bobos".... my current reading.... [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Marketing Outrageously to "Bobos".... my current reading....

Dien Rice
January 26, 2002, 07:21 PM
Gordon, fantastic post! Great responses too. :)

I want to get a copy of Robert Kiyosaki's new book, I'm definitely a fan. :)

Books, well, right now I'm reading "Marketing Outrageously" by Jon Spoelstra. Great book, I love it. I'm a big fan of crazy stunts posing as marketing (but hey, it actually works - and Richard Branson is also a master of this)!

I'm also reading an interesting book called "Bobos in Paradise" by David Brooks. "Bobos" stands for "BOurgeois BOhemians" - essentially to some degree the "new rich" of our current society. Fascinating, and also interesting if you are considering taking them as a target market. I know several people in this category.... It's a strange group that mixes wealth with supporting indigenous peoples, I'm sure you know the type. Kind of mixes capitalism with the "Age of Aquarius". To a degree I fit right in. :)

Anyhow, whatever you think of them, I've just started and it's interesting reading. :)

- Dien Rice

Some recent posts on the forum...

[CaRP] This appears to be an HTML webpage, not a feed.

This is a SOWPub Archive page