Go to the Main Business Forum page

Five Easy Steps To Jump Start Your Deck (Or Other) Business [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Five Easy Steps To Jump Start Your Deck (Or Other) Business

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Hugh Gaugler
May 26, 2002, 02:01 PM
Do the following five steps, and you will get as much busines as you want:

STEP 1. Using your computer (or even a typewriter, if they still exist), make up a flyer on plain white 20# bond paper, *three* flyers per sheet, with this exact wording:
------------------------------------------------------
Hello,

My name is (your name) . I beautify and restore wood decks. If you have a deck that needs some work, please give me a call. I'll be happy to drop by and give you a free estimate.

Thanks,

Your Name
555)555-5555
-------------------------------------------------------

Before you have the flyers printed, sign your FIRST NAME only above your name and phone number.

STEP 2. Have the flyers printed and cut (remember, there are 3 flyers per sheet --- each flyer is only 1/3 of a page).

STEP 3. Using a flyer delivery service (or do it yourself or hire someone to do it), have the flyers delivered door-to-door in the neighborhoods you would like to work (presumably, in neighborhoods where people have decks!) Put out as many as you can afford, but 1,000 would be the absolute minimum. Ten thousand would be better.

STEP 4. Take take the calls, do the estimates, do the work and get paid.

STEP 5. Put out more flyers, and keep doing so until you have as much business as you want.

Why this works: Your flyer will be viewed as a personal note, not advertising. It WILL get read, when other flyers get tossed. (Some people who call will even say "I just got your note, and...") Also, many homeowners who have decks will save your flyer and call you at a later date. Believe it or not, I've had people call me as long as 7 YEARS after I put out this kind of flyer for a business I started in 1990!

This flyer works for any kind of service business. Try it. If people want what you have to offer, you'll get instant results!

--- Hugh

Some recent posts on the forum...

[CaRP] This appears to be an HTML webpage, not a feed.

This is a SOWPub Archive page