Go to the Main Business Forum page

Re: My FINAL FRIDAY FOLLOW-UP for now... [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Re: My FINAL FRIDAY FOLLOW-UP for now...

Julie Jordan Scott
June 8, 2002, 11:40 AM
Hi Gordon and All,

First of all, congrats Gordon for taking the summer to study and hone your skills. I am with you there. Thursday was Katherine's last day as a fourth grader and my last day at home with simply the Preschooler Emma and almost toddling Sam. Come school time, I will be taking two little girls wearing matching crisp Navy Blue uniforms. Only Katherine is not so little anymore. When she walks next to me, the top of her head fits perfectly under my chin!

If I don't pay attention to my words, these little people aren't nourished in their psyches....I am grateful I understand the power of the words I breathe into existence.

Ironically, when I was in early adolescence, my mother told me NOT to write anything down. That writing stuff down was BAD. That people will be hurt and hurt you when you have the written word on record.

And then when I was in high school she proclaimed, "Julie, you are going to be a writer." to which I replied, "Like HECK I am!"

Well, we saw which words had the power in THAT one.

The words which matched the calling in my heart!

In that first episode, it was also the one and only time my mother ever used bad words at me. About shrugging my d*@? shoulders.

Adolescence. Gotta love it!

I just learned something new. How to get rid of gophers by combining a windmill and a buried glass bottle? Listen to the Garden Party Saturday radio show and you will hear interesting facts like this, too!

Oh, one last thing: Gordon, you should see my tomatoes! My first crop EVER and the only thing that is getting me is not knowing when I can expect them to start turning red.......My zucchini plants are on steroids......Julie the Farmer is in business......

With Passion and Purpose,

Julie Jordan Scott

Free Passion Tools (http://www.5passions.com)

Some recent posts on the forum...

[CaRP] This appears to be an HTML webpage, not a feed.

This is a SOWPub Archive page