Go to the Main Business Forum page

Is your web site killing part of your business? [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Is your web site killing part of your business?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Cornell
August 13, 2002, 02:30 PM
It never ceases to amaze me.

I don't particularly like patronizing MS products and only use IE for checking web design compliancy with that browser,...as such I use Netscape almost exclusiverly for making my rounds on the net.

Without fail I hit at least 4 sites a day that don't display in Netscape.

Now what really astounds me ...When I hit these sites I switch to IE and get an address and send the owner a short note about the display problems.

Yet when I revisit a few days later the problem still exists....one such forum's entry page was told about the problem over 3 months ago, and it still is unviewable in Netscape.

While Netscape is not a major player in browsers, there is still a large percentage of surfers who use it, and most won't go to the bother of crossing over to IE to view a site that doesn't display.

SO....my question to you...have you checked your site for display and continuity of design in Netscape....if not perhaps you should, for if you have a problem with it displaying you may be losing a fair chunk of business.

Cornell

Some recent posts on the forum...

[CaRP] This appears to be an HTML webpage, not a feed.

This is a SOWPub Archive page