Go to the Main Business Forum page

John McTighe . . . Missing In Action [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : John McTighe . . . Missing In Action

Pages : [1] 2

John McTighe
October 10, 2002, 10:34 PM
Hi folks:

I have up-rooted and moved into the country for more relaxed living which is great! It is the moving part that sucks. Since then, my mail disappeared for about a week and then has been delayed and has caused a few headaches for those that have ordered my kit via regular mail. Sorry for any delay.

Don't get me wrong. It doesn't mean my wheels have not been turning. I have in fact bought and sold quite a few items from my moving and have also focused my attention on creating "income streams" from the sale of personal property. I have done this by offering "terms" on higher priced items like cars, like-new furniture sets appliances.

I have found I can sell items for more money, often times 50%-100% more just by offering a payment plan to the person. I just sold a car for $800 over retail book value by accepting the risk of taking payments from this individual. The other nice benefit is that you can create a residual income off of just a single sale. Get paid many times from one sale.

Don't get me wrong. There is some risk involved since you are offering credit. I do screen people by asking some simple questions to see if they are solid people that will pay me back. I have 4 sales that I have made on terms and am trying to build that up to at least 10 items so I can get 10 payments from people each month.

I am also playing around with the idea of using automatic drafts from checking, savings or credit cards to eliminate "chasing" people around for money.

Anyhow, my goal is to move into selling larger items for terms like mobile homes and higher end cars that will yeild higher returns and less risk.

Make Money Buying and Selling (http://www.buyandsellprofits.com)

Some recent posts on the forum...

[CaRP] This appears to be an HTML webpage, not a feed.

This is a SOWPub Archive page