Go to the Main Business Forum page

A Great Opportunity In 1-2 Weeks [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : A Great Opportunity In 1-2 Weeks

John McTighe
December 28, 2002, 03:36 AM
Hi Folks:

In about 1-2 weeks, everyone will be ready to get OUT of the holiday spirit. In fact, people will be literally throwing out everything related to Christmas. Trees, decorations, unwanted gifts, lights, you name it.

In fact anything related to the season is not really very high on the list of stuff people want to hang on to. Especially if they have to pack it up and put it away.

But wait, in just 8 or 10 months from now, everyone will be getting ready for Christmas AGAIN.

You could offer to pick up unwanted Christmas decorations, lights, even artifical trees that people have decided to get rid of. Perhaps they want a real tree next year.

Anyhow, if you could load up on this Christmas stuff that people want to get rid of and hold a "Christmas Items Only Sale" maybe in November of next year, I think you would do very well.

In fact I KNOW you would do very well. Saver's, a chain of used clothing and household goods store in my area, SOLD OUT of their used Christmas items by early December. And their prices tend to be a bit high. You can clearly see the demand for these items.

If you noticed the prices on new Christmas decorations and artifical trees this year, you can realize how a targeted sale like this could do extremely well.

In fact you could specialize in Christmas items and pick items up all year long. I think your profits would compensate you very well for any storage costs that might be involved.

This is just an example of a "niche" a person could get into, and using simple trends in normal business, you can capitalize on timing to your advantage.

Make Money Buying and Selling (http://www.buyandsellprofits.com)

Some recent posts on the forum...

[CaRP] This appears to be an HTML webpage, not a feed.

This is a SOWPub Archive page