Go to the Main Business Forum page

Move over Guerrillas, it's now Martial Arts Marketing. [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Move over Guerrillas, it's now Martial Arts Marketing.

Michael Ross
October 25, 2000, 12:32 PM
I love the martial analogy. All comes back to Reason Why. What do you want? Why?

What do you want?

To study a martial art.

Why?

To improve my fitness and overall wellbeing.

Well then, try these...

Or,

Why?

So I can go behind enemy lines and create wanton slaughter at the drop of a hat.

Well then, try these...

What do you want?

To increase my business.

Why?

So I can retire in one year.

Well then, try these techiques.

Or,

Why?

So I can grow steadily over ten years without overloading myself.

Well then, try these techniques.

As a sort of aside... TAX... regardless of your investment preference... it's good to know how you're going to shelter your "income" before you make it. No point needlessly feeding the government vampire when you don't have to.

Here's an interesting thought...

I believe most politicians in the US operate as C Corporations. Does anyone know if this is true?

I also believe most politicians in Australia operate as trusts. Does anyone know if this is true?

Assuming it is, wouldn't it make the most sense to operate your investments using the same methods as the politicians? After all, they make the rules and they aren't about to penalise themselves.

Just a thought. I welcome yours.

OH... nearly forgot... the CHAIN Gordon mentioned...

There are a few major record companies in Australia. Each of them delivers to the few major retailers who sell music.

One day they had a brain wave. They realised they each delivered to the same stores using different delivery companies. This was a lot of wasted money.

So they joined forces and formed a delivery company to deliver their music to the stores. Once their system was in place they then offered their delivery services to others. That is, other businesses could use them as their delivery service regardless of the industry they were in.

There's probably a good chance they bought shares in the company which they leased their trucks from too.

While this is related to BIG business, the principles they used can be applied by anyone.

E.g. Jason mentioned that he recorded a DAT tape and took it to the duplicators.

Now, I don't know what kind of delivery system Jason has. But if it was semi auto then perhaps other business owners could use the system that Jason owns. Maybe they could also send Jason their analog tapes and he could place them onto DAT, for a fee.

Okay, Jason would be too busy to do this analog to DAT stuff, but he could do it. And that's the point.

He has resources which he obtained for his own use and which he could hire out to others. Just like the record companies did.

Michael Ross.

Some recent posts on the forum...

[CaRP] This appears to be an HTML webpage, not a feed.

This is a SOWPub Archive page