Go to the Main Business Forum page

A PROVEN technique to create a PROFITABLE online business.... [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : A PROVEN technique to create a PROFITABLE online business....

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Dien Rice
October 26, 2000, 09:49 AM
Here's something you may recognize from something Jim Straw wrote....

A catalog/mail order approach goes well with a web business!

Read what Jim said earlier here....

In a few short months he was making profits online....

And when Jim talks, I listen! He gives it to you straight, and I appreciate that.... :)

And now, here's a further confirmation of this principle....

The web is just full of multi-billion dollar companies that can't turn a profit.... But when Guitar Center -- a music retailer -- decided to go online, they tried to think of a good strategy to make profits....

They didn't want to sink their money into a black hole, the way many others have done. Then they came across Musician's Friend, a 20-year-old music catalog company up for sale.... They reasoned that they could use this catalog expertise....

So they bought Musician's Friend, then treated their online web site as an extension of catalog sales.... The result?

Its first year turned a profit! Something that's eluded so many companies online....

This is a second justification of Jim Straw's strategy.... I'm sure Guitar Center came to it independently, but it proves it works....

It's important food for thought!

While you might not be able to buy a catalog company, you can use the principle talked about here and apply it to your own online activities, of combining a catalog with a web site....

Click below to read the article about Guitar Center....

Dien Rice

The Guitar Center story of making money online.... (http://www.ecompany.com/articles/mag/0,1640,8611,00.html)

Some recent posts on the forum...

[CaRP] This appears to be an HTML webpage, not a feed.

This is a SOWPub Archive page