Go to the Main Business Forum page

Dare to BE different....It could change your life! [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Dare to BE different....It could change your life!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Duane Adolph
February 22, 2001, 11:52 PM
In a previous post, Dien had posted a quote...

"...The man who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been."

This post struck a cord with me and I had promised a reply...

During highschool, I always felt like I was Walking Alone...and Boy oh BOY have I ended up in places where nobody else MY age was frequenting.

Here's the deal:

At 15, I was meeting famous people like Jean Claude Van Damme, Gladys Portugese and Elton John...

At 16 I was getting autographs from famous late night informercial gurus ALA Anthony Robbins...

At 16 (Again? Yes this was a good year) I was becoming known as the "memory guy" around school...Next thing I know, I'm performing Memory stunts on the tropical Island of Barbadoes in front of over 300 hundred students! You try and turn the words "ambidextrous" and "psychosomatic" in pictures

At 17 I found myself locked in a small room halfway across the city for 3 full days! I was being trained in the latest NLP/Modelling techniques by a gentleman that trained the U.S military in improving their rifle training program

At 18 I was dining like the Rich and Famous inside the luxurious Four Seasons Hotel banquet Hall!(My Girlfriend enjoyed these dinners)

At 19 and after, I found myself in jobs which I really should not have been in based on my age and experience. From dealing with leading Telecommunications Corporate accounts, to performing Computer Consulting???(What do I know about fixing computers)

...But the kicker and the lifelong dream of mine,....was when I flew out of Cold Toronto Canada...and wound up in Sunny Arizona. I awoke one morning, and I was being trained by one of the TOP NAVY SEALS TRAINERS! Look out Black belts Here I come!!!

Yes! I have always "walked alone" in my interests, and have wound up in some highly unlikely places!

The RESULTS: LEARNING, STORIES AND some unique experiences that I would not exchange for anything!

Dare tO BE different it could change your life!

Thanks for Reading!

Duane Adolph

Some recent posts on the forum...

[CaRP] This appears to be an HTML webpage, not a feed.

This is a SOWPub Archive page