Go to the Main Business Forum page

Fly Low Collect the Dough UPDATE HOTLINE episodes. #1 [Archive] - Page 7 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Fly Low Collect the Dough UPDATE HOTLINE episodes. #1

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

GordonJ
October 16, 2016, 09:56 AM
Episode 6. Fly Low Collect the Dough UPDATE HOTLINE – Gordon Jay Alexander

Lost treasures. I spent almost a year between 2007-2008 working for SCI on a special project, an update of the best seller, 7 Steps to Freedom II book by Ben Suarez. I was working with Harvey Brody and Ben to bring a new product to market.

I was on a monthly retainer and had spent a lot of time and effort on the Income and Happiness project, some of you were “test” subjects. There was a report, a front end piece and a few of you have read it, but, alas, the project got canceled before it was officially launched.

Too bad. For you. And me. Although I had been well paid for my efforts, the idea of new material coming out of Harvey Brody and Ben Suarez was an exciting thought. And both men had a lot to share, comparing their old ways with what they were doing then in 2008.

In the original 7 Steps book, which I edited I believe for the last time, in 1997, had Ben talking about being able to beat the 400 pound gorilla bully marketer with speed. The irony is he created a 700 pound gorilla which to this day has been unable to sell a digital product online, even though Ben wrote the book on it in 1994, while he was still in the computer business.

As the featured writer for the NPGS update hotline, I got a lot of mail from subscribers who were testing on AOL, CompuServe and on the BBS (bulletin boards), as I had used since 1985. One guy, Marlon Sanders, wrote he was having some good results with his tests. We featured Marlon in one of the issues of the Newsletter.

Since that time, Marlon Sanders has amassed a fortune doing what Ben Suarez has never been able to do, selling electrons.

I'm bringing this to your attention for a simple reason, STOP, and ask yourself why you don't (IF you don't) have an AUTOMATIC PRODUCT VENDING site set up and running on autopilot as the dreams of the early 1990's had us believing was a possibility. For Marlon Sanders, 20 years of selling information, for Ben Suarez, 20 years of NOT selling anything digital. Although, during this time Ben has sold a BILLION dollars of just one product, the EdenPure Space heater, so don't feel too bad for him.

This is going to be the last year I put my attention on selling information on the Internet. As most of you know, or will now...I'm focusing on my stories for the giant content consumers known as Entertainment, especially Hollywood and TV.

We've done pretty well online, despite not joining any syndicates, groups or having become a name brand guru. I don't care for most of the IM crowd of gurus, but there are a few, like Marlon Sanders who have been delivering quality information for years now.

I like Jimmy Buffet but not the “parrot heads” of IM, and especially the foul mouthed marketers who spew their get rich at any cost pablam to the wannabe masses.

We have created a large archive at Seeds of Wisdom forum these last 16 years, have given away a lot of content, shared ideas and both Dien Rice and myself have profited from it.

Have you?

Or a better question might be will you?

Are you continuously profiting from work you did a decade ago, like we still are? Do you have auto pilot income streams as part of your overall strategy?

If so, keep going and expand to Absentee Cash Cows, or add on more APVs, and focus more time on other activities.

So, this episode, #6, has one key idea to take away: Having a great idea (Ben Suarez) is not the same thing as IMPLEMENTING a great idea (Marlon Sanders).

Have you IMPLEMENTED your great ideas? If so, feel free to share, if not, feel free to share why not.

Now for this episodes Q and A. Only a couple;

Q: From JS in CA; I'm studying copywriting, how do I get jobs?

A. Well, you probably won't like my advice, but here goes. Call me. Let's talk. I think the fastest way to learn how to sell something is by actually selling something. And, also, it will help you to land other jobs too. I think everyone reading this has a special report, at the minimum, inside their head.

It is a stored value idea. I helped Bud Riggs make over 20 thousand dollars with his Headlight Cleaning Manual, and Skip Rosell with his craigslist report and many others, some of you reading this...with getting ideas out of your head and into the market. Well, I'm wrapping those days up and soon won't have anytime to do this.

Want to be a copywriter who gets hired?

Write a report.
Write the copy to sell the report.
Write a backend, upsell or followup. LEARN BY DOING. Prove to yourself you can write to sell and then let other people know, and you will get jobs and you learn to parlay on them.

Q: Have you considered a franchise for your Square One Workshops? asks David in S. Carolina.

A. NO, they aren't suited to that (I don't think). But that does raise a question. Franchises and biz ops. My friend Steve DiMarco in Rochester NY is an expert on low cost franchises and business op, if interested I'll ask him about the latest and greatest. He does do some consulting if you are serious about franchising.

David in SC, I'm curious about how you think the SQ1 would be franchised, what gave you that thought?

OK, this episode, THINK (get good ideas) but then IMPLEMENT (or hire someone to help you).

gjabiz@yahoo.com

Gordon Jay Alexander

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page

SOWPub Small Business Forums Database Error
Database Error Database error
The SOWPub Small Business Forums database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the sowpub.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The sowpub.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.