SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Books by Granpa? (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11547)

cash4notes April 14, 2024 11:15 PM

Books by Granpa?

For the life of me I cannot remember the title of the book that the author calling himself Granpa wrote.

This book(s) is about how to stay under the government's radar and make a living and things of that nature.

Those this ring a bell with anyone?

Dien Rice April 15, 2024 05:31 AM

Fly Low and Collect the Dough...?

Hi Cash4Notes,

The only thing I can think of is "Fly Low and Collect the Dough" by Gordon Alexander...

Could that be the book you mean?

Best wishes!

Dien

Quote:

Originally Posted by cash4notes (Post 44119)
For the life of me I cannot remember the title of the book that the author calling himself Granpa wrote.

This book(s) is about how to stay under the government's radar and make a living and things of that nature.

GordonJ April 15, 2024 11:27 AM

Re: Books by Granpa?

Quote:

Originally Posted by cash4notes (Post 44119)

Ding. Ding. WOWZA...for an instant I was transported to a rural retreat in N.C. where the Loompanic Libertarians would roast their wienies over hot fires.

Not sure about Granpa per say, but "Adam Cash" wrote several tomes along those lines for Loompanics Unlimited; How to do Business Off the Books, and Guerrilla Capitalism, How to Practice Free Enterprise in an Unfree Economy and Getting Started in the Underground Economy.

I drew several ideas from these works and others.

Granpa sounds like one of characters that Gary North may have come across, and Gary North was/is no stranger to these sort of things either.

From the 70's to the Internet (2001), Loompanics, Paladin, and other smaller publishers thrived with their books on all things anti gov't, conspiracy, survival, etc., etc. In the early days of the www, they were banned on the big sites, like google and ebay...although today, ebay has many of these works available.

Eddie the wire, Claire Wolfe, Michael Hoy (real name) were some of the more popular "writers". I kind of, sort of recall a Granpa, but for some reason I connect that non de plume with a less clandestine group, more along the lines of the Rollins' book, HAVE MORE, by Storey Publishing, but I could be way wrong on this one.

Is there any demand for such a thing, maybe we can collaborate on a new one?

Gordon

GordonJ April 15, 2024 11:32 AM

Re: Fly Low and Collect the Dough...?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dien Rice (Post 44120)
Hi Cash4Notes,
The only thing I can think of is "Fly Low and Collect the Dough" by Gordon Alexander...
Could that be the book you mean?
Best wishes!
Dien

Just want to note, I drew from several sources, and well, you saw some of the library I had back then...today, I still believe in what I deem to be a flourishing cash society, but it may not flourish for much longer.

Cash still buys most things, even gold and silver as Costco will AMEN to. HA!

Gordon