SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 20, 2024, 02:52 AM

Lightbulb I agree with you on timeframes, Gordon

In what may seem like heresy to the self-improvement industry, I began this year with absolutely no annual goals

Never found a way to make annual goals work. They always seem to be an exercise in prophecy (and I ain't no prophet, even for events in my own life!)

Could NEVER have predicted the key sales & business connections made this year so far. Feels more like harvest time coming for little efforts sown in the past

That's why I've chosen to ignore traditional "goals" and focus more on daily small wins.

Breaking down projects into daily no-brainer tasks that I know I can definitely do.

Not some wild fancy leaps over the rainbow, that almost never happen

P.S. About the files you mention, after dabbling with a few productivity apps, have finally decided to stick to a spreadsheet to keep track of my ideas, tasks and projects. Got the idea from this Reddit post. Been working well for me so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
A couple of old adages; space fills itself and time is already allocated...

To overcome my natural inclination toward laziness (work? werk??!!), I had to develop ways to overcome this and what worked best for me was shorter time frames with very specific goals...or until I got so into it that I just kept going.

So, one trick I had, was a time cushion in every block of time, say a two hour block, there would be 20 minutes built in to APPLY those insights I had come across...often just by writing them down and making a file, I like to use OpenOffice and keep NEW ideas on my desktop until they have been used...then move to a folder.

Start building a habit of setting aside a little bit of time daily to USE and apply those insights and illuminating moments you get, but that is just my way.

Gordon