SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old February 7, 2024, 06:45 PM
Administrator

Default Used UFO for sale.

So, how do I go about selling a slightly used UFO?

And of course, I asked those with all the answers, the AI sites.

Bing was the most interactive, getting to the point of telling me get real, in a manner of speaking, then I informed IT I was writing a book on how ET's landed in the back 40 and abandon their craft, which I hid for a decade, now I want to sell it.

Well, then I sought out publishers and even film makers who might be interested in the script, if I ever wrote one, based on the book I may or may not write. I then asked about the black market as a place to sell the UFO, not the book.

Anyhow, more fun than watching Taylor Swift at a football game. It is fun to challenge AI, like you don't know everything, do you, that which is classified for example and AI admitted I was right, they don't know everything...then it said, we're putting your name on a list...and BINGO, I knew it...all AI is is just CIA.LBJ/IRT/4th St. USA surveillance.

I better not see anyone but Nick Cage as the guy trying to sell the UFO or I'll be P.Od.

Gordon
Old February 11, 2024, 12:37 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default How to beat AI as an info-entrepreneur...

Hi Gordon,

I think what you're doing is important... Because it's important to know the limits of AI!

AI is NOT an all-knowing beast...

It has its limitations!

One of its limitations is... it knows info you can find on the internet. But...

Not all info can be found on the internet!

I've been interested in the limitations of AI in creating advertising copy... It's good at creating the kind of features and benefits style of ad copy you find taught in most courses...

But... It CAN'T create "Remote Influence"-type of copy as you've written about! (Something I plan to focus more on in the future...)

There are also other types of blockbuster-selling copy it can't do...

So when copywriters are worried about their livelihoods being taken away... it is probably because they are mostly focused on "features and benefits" style copy - and not other types of very effective copy which are out there...

From over 20 years of studying copywriting, I can say that some of these types of copy are taught in books and courses... and some are not!

I think being a successful info-entrepreneur in the future will involve knowing the limitations of AI... and being able to beat it! Which I now have no doubt is doable!

Because AI is limited!

Best wishes!

Dien

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
So, how do I go about selling a slightly used UFO?

And of course, I asked those with all the answers, the AI sites.

Bing was the most interactive, getting to the point of telling me get real, in a manner of speaking, then I informed IT I was writing a book on how ET's landed in the back 40 and abandon their craft, which I hid for a decade, now I want to sell it.

Well, then I sought out publishers and even film makers who might be interested in the script, if I ever wrote one, based on the book I may or may not write. I then asked about the black market as a place to sell the UFO, not the book.

Anyhow, more fun than watching Taylor Swift at a football game. It is fun to challenge AI, like you don't know everything, do you, that which is classified for example and AI admitted I was right, they don't know everything...then it said, we're putting your name on a list...and BINGO, I knew it...all AI is is just CIA.LBJ/IRT/4th St. USA surveillance.

I better not see anyone but Nick Cage as the guy trying to sell the UFO or I'll be P.Od.

Gordon
Old February 11, 2024, 01:42 AM
Administrator

Default The AI X-files.

The Alexander Interlergence Files. In the basement of mind...The Truth is Down There...

Never to be accessed by AI, unless they teach AI to remote view...and in just in case, they are booby tarped. AI not good at telling folks to BUZZ OFF and don't bother me...one of my personal favorite marketing/copywriting techniques.

It is useful, but only those selling AI related are cashing in...can't wait, til then I'll be suspicious. Fine. Whatever.

Gordin J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Hi Gordon,
. I think what you're doing is important... Because it's important to know the limits of AI!

AI is NOT an all-knowing beast...

It has its limitations!

One of its limitations is... it knows info you can find on the internet. But...

Not all info can be found on the internet!

I've been interested in the limitations of AI in creating advertising copy... It's good at creating the kind of features and benefits style of ad copy you find taught in most courses...

But... It CAN'T create "Remote Influence"-type of copy as you've written about! (Something I plan to focus more on in the future...)

There are also other types of blockbuster-selling copy it can't do...

So when copywriters are worried about their livelihoods being taken away... it is probably because they are mostly focused on "features and benefits" style copy - and not other types of very effective copy which are out there...

From over 20 years of studying copywriting, I can say that some of these types of copy are taught in books and courses... and some are not!

I think being a successful info-entrepreneur in the future will involve knowing the limitations of AI... and being able to beat it! Which I now have no doubt is doable!

Because AI is limited!

Best wishes!

Dien
Old February 11, 2024, 01:25 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Nice guy vs tough guy...

Hi Gordon,

I think a really good point is that what they call Large Language Models (or LLMs, which is what Chat-GPT is) don't really understand anything... What they are good at is imitation...

When they answer a question, they are not "thinking" about it... they are instead regurgitating and remixing stuff pulled from their massive database...

That's an important point.

There are a billion examples of "features and benefits" copywriting online... As for other (also very effective) styles of copywriting - not so much.

If you are "armed" with those - as you are, and Glenn is - AI is no threat, really...!

And you're right... your "buzz off" style certainly hooked me, back in the day... It's a great approach...

It's like dating... Who does the girl want to date? Is it the "nice guy" fawning over her constantly... or the tough guy with the "I don't need you" attitude?

9 times out of 10, I say she goes for the tough guy with the "I don't need you" personality...

Best wishes,

Dien

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
The Alexander Interlergence Files. In the basement of mind...The Truth is Down There...

Never to be accessed by AI, unless they teach AI to remote view...and in just in case, they are booby tarped. AI not good at telling folks to BUZZ OFF and don't bother me...one of my personal favorite marketing/copywriting techniques.

It is useful, but only those selling AI related are cashing in...can't wait, til then I'll be suspicious. Fine. Whatever.

Gordin J
Old February 27, 2024, 08:04 PM

Default One of My MOST Profitable Headlines on Ebay was, "DON*T BUY This --"

Thanks Gordon,

"Don't Buy This 100 Million Referral System"

Was a Big Winner for me.

A Current Ezine Member told me HE CLICKED ON that Headline
CURIOUS to find out Who would Say DON'T BUY.

He said, "I should have known it was You, Glenn."

I'm with you Gordon. I Also Hope the Ai Doesn't Figure out that when you tell Little Johnny.

Or Big Johnny either.

DON'T JUMP in That Mud Puddle.

You Guarantee A Big SPLASH in the near future.

Thanks,
Glenn

Another Example.

Before the Russel Brunson interview with Dan Kennedy.

Dan Told him.

"Announce you are SHUTTING DOWN NEW Membership Sales of The Newsletter You Just Bought From Me "

When YOU Cannot Buy.

THEN folks WANNA Buy.
Old February 12, 2024, 11:01 PM

Lightbulb 100% Agree, Dien

Dien

100% agree with you

While AI may offer some time-saving benefits, it can NEVER replace people who know what they're doing

Thanks for sharing

Quote:
Hi Gordon,

Dien
Old February 27, 2024, 12:43 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Chat-GPT can't do everything...

Ever since Chat-GPT came out, I've been thinking about what it CAN'T do...

I think it's important... Because a lot of jobs where people do what Chat-GPT CAN do will probably disappear (and in many cases, already have)...

One day I should write up all my thoughts on this!

However, one thing Chat-GPT can do is REWRITE something, if you give it the information... I've experimented with writing things in "bullet point form" and getting Chat-GPT to "flesh it out" into full sentences, which can work well... (I still edited it further to make it sound better.) A key with doing this is you give Chat-GPT all the information it needs...

Best wishes, Dien

Quote:
Originally Posted by unpinkpanther View Post
Dien

100% agree with you

While AI may offer some time-saving benefits, it can NEVER replace people who know what they're doing

Thanks for sharing
Old February 27, 2024, 02:56 AM

Lightbulb Yeah, "the more things change..."

Think about it:

If we have to give Chat-GPT all the information it needs to give a good output, then doesn't this mean we need to get better at processing the information in our own minds FIRST?

Still goes back to the old computer science mantra GIGO "Garbage In, Garbage Out"

Quote:
A key with doing this is you give Chat-GPT all the information it needs...

Best wishes, Dien
Old March 4, 2024, 11:01 PM

Default Funny ChatGBT Argument with a Ezine Subscriber Today

Thanks Gordon,

Customer says, "Your Copywriting is one of a kind."

Then tells me how he uses ChatGBT to write copy.

Shares a Story of helping a friend.

He Rewrote BAD Sales Letter the Friend penned - with Improved Chat GBT Copy. But the Friend COULD NOT TELL the Difference.

Then Jerry spent 45 Minutes trying to convince me to use ChatGBT too.

Then He said, "Well. I gotta Go. Have 50 Minutes to Write 8 Emails."

I asked, "Gonna Use ChatGBT?

Answer - "No. Writing it myself is Faster."

FUNNY MAN.

Thanks,
Glenn