SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old June 4, 2023, 03:28 PM

Default ChatGPT: a cure for writer's block

Just as an experiment, I got ChatGPT to create a "how to" book for me.

First, I gave it a subject and asked for 10 different possible titles with sub-headings.

Then I asked it for chapter titles and topics to cover in each chapter. It gave me a list of 10 chapters with between 5 & 10 topics to cover in each chapter.

Then I got really lazy and asked it to write each of those sections!

Less than 4 hours later, I'd got a complete 50+ page, 23k word, ebook.

A bit of editing got it ready for Kindle.

ChatGPT wrote the Kindle description.

It also did the sales letter for Gumroad and Bing's image generator did the thumbnail for Gumroad.

Is it the best quality? Probably not. But almost certainly better than a ghost written ebook at one of the article sites. And with a bit more time editing then it would be better.

But even if I just wanted an outline that would have saved a lot of time.

Wow!
Old June 4, 2023, 06:44 PM
Administrator

Default The SPEED is what I like.

Imagine doing one a week for a year? A complete library of work to offer.

What you've given here is a TEMPLATE anyone could follow. I'm currently having a discussion with BARD about how its programmers might be biased and how that impacts what it reports...interesting discussion...Bard admits it is BIASED, and that is laid on its programmers (next thing, ol Bard will tell me the dog ate it's homework).

Once one got the prompts down, including key words, phrases, and then a little personal touches, and this is a game changer for some infopreneurs.

Still have to SELL the things, and maybe C-gpt or Bard can give a good answer on how the best way to sell these reports might be, and ask it for copy and where to run it, best groups for example.

WOW is right. Whenever we can cull a given web site, and extract what we've done here for 23 years, Dien and I may be dumping the load on AI, why not?

Good job. Can you use June and create, say 5 related reports, pulling out one of the chapters and expanding on it? You may have the Midas Touch with Chatgpt, not much time to find out, eh?

Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevord92 View Post
Just as an experiment, I got ChatGPT to create a "how to" book for me.

First, I gave it a subject and asked for 10 different possible titles with sub-headings.

Then I asked it for chapter titles and topics to cover in each chapter. It gave me a list of 10 chapters with between 5 & 10 topics to cover in each chapter.

Then I got really lazy and asked it to write each of those sections!

Less than 4 hours later, I'd got a complete 50+ page, 23k word, ebook.

A bit of editing got it ready for Kindle.

ChatGPT wrote the Kindle description.

It also did the sales letter for Gumroad and Bing's image generator did the thumbnail for Gumroad.

Is it the best quality? Probably not. But almost certainly better than a ghost written ebook at one of the article sites. And with a bit more time editing then it would be better.

But even if I just wanted an outline that would have saved a lot of time.

Wow!
Old June 5, 2023, 12:14 PM

Default Fast is fun!

At Gordon's suggestion, I'm documenting the next book.

It's taken all of 5 minutes for ChatGPT to give me 20 titles, each with a subheading and then - once I'd chosen a title - 10 chapter headings, each with at least 4 sub-sections.

Now it will take a while to get each section written and copied & pasted into Word.

In passing, Gordon mentioned that the book will need promotion.

My first instinct was "how".

My second instinct, after letting my subconscious think about it for an hour or two, was videos.

ChatGPT has about 50 titles (each chapter heading plus at least 4 sub-heads)

So all I'll do is ask it to write the video scripts, copy and paste each one into wave.video, let it come up with the relevant images and then generate the voice. Then upload to YouTube, rinse and repeat.

My guess is that with 50 videos on one topic it will start to gain traction and each video will have a link to the book in the description.

I guess that will keep me busy for a while!
Old June 5, 2023, 02:10 PM
Administrator

Default It will be interesting to see what scripts they come up with.

I'm not familiar with wave.video, but I'll check it out. Sounds like 80% of this journey will be AI generated.

As for selling. I have the opinion, which I readily share, it takes about a year to get to 5k a month recurring income, and probably the first 9 or 10 is more or less setting things up, having enough content, so when it is time to bring traffic to your stuff, you'll have enough to sell at various price points.

If the process works, and I'll go sign up for wave.video now and see what it does...then DOUBLE WOW WOW, let the good times roll.

thanks Trevor, for sharing your journey here.

Gordon

Quote:
At Gordon's suggestion, I'm documenting the next book.

It's taken all of 5 minutes for ChatGPT to give me 20 titles, each with a subheading and then - once I'd chosen a title - 10 chapter headings, each with at least 4 sub-sections.

Now it will take a while to get each section written and copied & pasted into Word.

In passing, Gordon mentioned that the book will need promotion.

My first instinct was "how".

My second instinct, after letting my subconscious think about it for an hour or two, was videos.

ChatGPT has about 50 titles (each chapter heading plus at least 4 sub-heads)

So all I'll do is ask it to write the video scripts, copy and paste each one into wave.video, let it come up with the relevant images and then generate the voice. Then upload to YouTube, rinse and repeat.

My guess is that with 50 videos on one topic it will start to gain traction and each video will have a link to the book in the description.

I guess that will keep me busy for a while!
Old June 5, 2023, 02:20 PM

Default Re: ChatGPT: a cure for writer's block

I think 80% could be an underestimate!

https://wave.video/ is the site I use.

Lots of others but I've found it easy - paste in the text, press "go", once it's found the photos etc, click to generate the voice, then once that's done, click "render", download the rendered file and upload to YouTube.

the ChatGPT prompt is:

can you make me a 5 minute video script about [insert topic]

(it's usually about half that time in real life but they seem to give the info in a nice way)
Old June 5, 2023, 02:37 PM

Default Re: a ChatGPT video script

The Language of Tarot: Decoding Symbols and Unveiling Messages

Welcome to our exploration of the captivating world of tarot. In this video, we will dive into the language of tarot, decoding its symbols, and unveiling the profound messages hidden within the cards. Let's embark on a journey of self-discovery and intuitive exploration.

Tarot cards are a language of symbols, archetypes, and universal truths. Each card tells a story, whispering wisdom from the collective unconscious. By understanding the symbols and meanings within the cards, we can unlock the profound messages they hold.

The Major Arcana, the powerhouse of the tarot deck, represents significant life themes and spiritual lessons. Take, for example, the Fool card. With their boundless curiosity and trust in the unknown, the Fool reminds us to embrace new beginnings and take risks, for it is through such adventures that we grow.

The Minor Arcana reflects the day-to-day aspects of life and the human experience. Each suit—Wands, Cups, Swords, and Pentacles—represents a unique energy. Let's explore the Ace of Cups, which symbolizes love, emotional fulfillment, and the awakening of the heart.

Conducting a tarot reading is like stepping into a sacred dance of insight and intuition. As you shuffle the cards, focus on your question or intention, allowing the cards to guide you towards their messages.

Interpreting the cards is a personal and intuitive process. Engage in a heartfelt conversation with each card, exploring its meanings, symbols, and messages. Trust your intuition and the emotions evoked by each card, for they hold unique insights for your journey.

Tarot spreads, such as the Celtic Cross or the Three-Card Spread, provide structure to your reading, offering a roadmap to navigate the cards' messages. Each position in the spread represents a specific aspect of your question or situation, guiding you towards a deeper understanding.

Remember, tarot readings are not set in stone. They are a snapshot of the energies and possibilities surrounding you at the present moment. Embrace the messages as guidance and inspiration, empowering you to make conscious choices and shape your own destiny.

Tarot is a profound tool for self-reflection, personal growth, and intuitive exploration. By delving into the language of tarot, we can decode its symbols and unveil the messages that resonate with our souls. Allow the cards to be your guide as you embark on this mystical journey of self-discovery.

Thank you for joining us on this exploration of the language of tarot. May your tarot readings be filled with insight, wisdom, and transformative experiences. Remember, the cards are a mirror reflecting the depths of your own intuition. Trust yourself, embrace the magic, and let the language of tarot guide you on your path of self-discovery.
Old July 5, 2023, 07:05 AM

Default Re: ChatGPT: titles & 'book' writing

I'm currently generating (writing would be the wrong term) some Kindle books.

ChatGPT is coming up with the topics:

please give me 10 different topics related to side hustles

Finding the Right Side Hustle for You
Building a Successful Side Hustle Business
Side Hustle Ideas for Creative Individuals
Turning Your Hobby into a Profitable Side Hustle
Maximizing Productivity and Time Management in Side Hustles
Marketing and Promoting Your Side Hustle
Managing Finances and Taxes for Side Hustle Income
Balancing Your Main Job and Side Hustle
Scaling and Growing Your Side Hustle Business
Side Hustles for Passive Income Generation

I can (and do) ask ChatGPT to come up with other titles but those ones are pretty good I think.

Then ZimmWriter (the program I use to create content) is creating about 5,000 words around that title.

Cost: under 10 cents (wow!)

I then put the output from ZimmWriter into a (free) online program that turns it into Word format.

Copy and paste into Word, tidy up (the bullet points often need tidying) and add a table of contents.

Then put into Kindle.

Are they perfect? Of course not.

Are they better than lots of other Kindle books? In my view, yes. They're semi-in-depth, grammar is good, spelling is good. That puts them about a lot of Kindle products.

Time will tell how they sell but it's going to be an interesting experiment!
Old July 5, 2023, 11:27 AM
Administrator

Default Can I buy your HOW TO report.

Maybe just screen shot your step by step, show me what you do with ChatGPT. Screen shot your zimmwriter, and maybe in a few minutes, have another product...and if for some reason you don't want to sell it, arrange a few jv's, let others sell it, you get moolah, without having your name floating around out there. (Raises hand as possible JV).

Keep it going, and keep us posted.

Gordon

Quote:
I'm currently generating (writing would be the wrong term) some Kindle books.

ChatGPT is coming up with the topics:

please give me 10 different topics related to side hustles

Finding the Right Side Hustle for You
Building a Successful Side Hustle Business
Side Hustle Ideas for Creative Individuals
Turning Your Hobby into a Profitable Side Hustle
Maximizing Productivity and Time Management in Side Hustles
Marketing and Promoting Your Side Hustle
Managing Finances and Taxes for Side Hustle Income
Balancing Your Main Job and Side Hustle
Scaling and Growing Your Side Hustle Business
Side Hustles for Passive Income Generation

I can (and do) ask ChatGPT to come up with other titles but those ones are pretty good I think.

Then ZimmWriter (the program I use to create content) is creating about 5,000 words around that title.

Cost: under 10 cents (wow!)

I then put the output from ZimmWriter into a (free) online program that turns it into Word format.

Copy and paste into Word, tidy up (the bullet points often need tidying) and add a table of contents.

Then put into Kindle.

Are they perfect? Of course not.

Are they better than lots of other Kindle books? In my view, yes. They're semi-in-depth, grammar is good, spelling is good. That puts them about a lot of Kindle products.

Time will tell how they sell but it's going to be an interesting experiment!
Old July 5, 2023, 01:31 PM

Default Re: ChatGPT: a cure for writer's block

Well open to the idea of a JV or more.

Creation process video (on YouTube but unlisted so only people with the link can see it and if it went JV then I'd make the video totally private or take it down)

Video was paused a couple of times while things created but there's a time clock at a few places.

Links to the text file & Word document and ZimmWriter and the online site that creates the Word format.
Old July 7, 2023, 11:04 AM

Default Re: one extra step

ZimmWriter generates an image prompt for Midjourney but I'm using it in the free Bing image creator and it's generally working OK.

That's then getting used in the cover of the Kindle book: