SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old June 7, 2024, 11:29 AM
Administrator

Default Coming SOON, small businesses collapse.

Maybe by election, or shortly thereafter, tens of thousands of small businesses, of the brick and mortar variety will collapse. Go Bankrupt. Belly UP!

That local make your own candles store, the new restaurant, the cyrstals store, the second hand clothing (consignment) and many a SPEAK EASY will shutter their doors.

Why?

Several reasons, but mostly because, they never should have been opened in the first place. The ignorance of new business owners is stupendous, and the one thing they always overlook is: CUSTOMER ACQUISTION and Retention.

Sure, inflation plays a roll, who wants to pay 15-20 bux for a burger and fries?

Overbuilding, not using the available space, and not very good Govt leadership, especially in City PLANNERS, one of the most corrupt offices held in USA. City PLANNERS, who take kick backs, skim, and control the permits and who and what is allowed.

Anyhow, this is my first warning shot.

It is coming. Won't be avoided. Some opportunity to help the dunderheads who started their business without a marketing plan, for sure...so now is the time for you consultants to kick azz and take names. Go help these idiots.

But most won't take any advice, or god forbid, pay for your services.

Fair enough. Let them drown. Lots of "short selling" in buying GOING OUT OF BUSINESS equipment, cause, there is another stooge with money to burn who is ready to start their stupid business.

Not the normal doom and gloom...but a different kind. COMING SOON to a town or city near you.

Gordon
Old June 8, 2024, 02:22 PM

Default Re: Coming SOON, small businesses collapse.

I truly believe that since Covid Western civilization has been going backwards, and it has been accelerated by the bloodthirsty dictator Putin's war.

And I notice the same thing here in Portugal.

And in terms of business costs... The post office almost DOUBLED its costs. Which is terrible when selling small items, priced at €20 each.
Old June 8, 2024, 11:53 PM
Administrator

Default We're on the eve of destruction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePT View Post
I truly believe that since Covid Western civilization has been going backwards, and it has been accelerated by the bloodthirsty dictator Putin's war.
And I notice the same thing here in Portugal.
And in terms of business costs... The post office almost DOUBLED its costs. Which is terrible when selling small items, priced at €20 each.

The Eastern world, it is explodin'
Violence flarin', bullets loadin'
You're old enough to kill but not for votin'
You don't believe in war, but what's that gun you're totin'?
And even the Jordan river has bodies floatin'
But you tell me
Over and over and over again, my friend
How you don't believe
We're on the eve of destruction
Sang Barry McGuire in the song, EVE OF DESTRUCTION.

Written by P.F. Sloan in 1965. So, full circle almost 60 years later.

As a person who has sold a lot of stuff due to the DOOM AND GLOOM of the world, I have a pretty positive outlook on business, maybe because I have future vision and help from guys like Dien Rice who keeps me updated on those hidden business ideas.

Today, I am anti marketing, and anti COPYWRITING, for myself. If it needs to be sold, or if it needs copywriting, I have come to avoid it now for the last decade...a far cry from when I came online www in the '90s.

Funny you mention mail, because I am about to test a NEW product, sent via the mail. Unlike real products, with weight, volume, bulk or even small items of value, the postage can add up.

So, can I sell a 7 dollar product via USPS, and net 1 dollar from it, is my question. But at such small profits, there has to be volume, right?

My plan has the COSTs AT 2.50 for getting the product in the customer's hands. And 3.50 will go to my 'distributor' of that region. That leaves a buck for little ol me.

I believe today, in success most likely happens at the BEGINNING, when the choice is made of what to sell and whom to sell it to.

I plan on having the following MARKETING/COPY to sell my new product.

Here it is, take it or leave it. Not all that different from the last couple of decades, but in this instance, it really doesn't matter because the volume of targets and avatars is so huge, a micro, mini % of that will work.

Now, this is speculation until it isn't. But my point is, I feel that most businesses, like the ones I mentioned, never should have gotten started...poor choices were made for some reason.

It isn't going to stop anytime soon, and wars the world over create problems and also opportunities.

I'm choosing to put on blinders for a few months and do my thing...without regard to outcomes...if it works, GREAT, if not, nothing lost but a little time and effort.

I would make sure that fulfillment package you send out, has some other offers riding along with it, and that is how I know many a mail order business was made very profitable.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Gordon
Old June 9, 2024, 06:45 AM

Sounds like you have a nifty product with the plans you've made.

Anyone who says take it or leave it, MUST have something good.

I am rooting for you!

Cheers,

Millard
Old June 9, 2024, 10:19 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millard Grubb View Post
Sounds like you have a nifty product with the plans you've made.
Anyone who says take it or leave it, MUST have something good.
I am rooting for you!
Cheers,
Millard

Millard, I've made no secret about what I'm doing. The "front end" (and there is a reason I put that in quotes, cause, being all ANTI-marketing, all back ends are also take it or leave it)...

Best guesses by the Experts, as high as 10% of Adult state populations regularly play the lottery...and it is also estimated, about 10 million play several times a week, it is one of the most done activities in all of Gaming/gambling, making Sports Betting to look like a toddler.

The demand for LOTTERY information and Entertainment, or InfoTainment, as my newsletters will be, is already there. I don't need to create any demand, it is a multi billion dollar market doing quite well without me.

So, not being all that Greedy, my plan calls for entertaining a very small number of people per state (capped at 2500) who want my HOTSHEETS on their state's lottery.

I am waiting for feedback from the first batch I mailed (and you are on the list too) to get feedback and figure out what I have or need to have.

See, there are dozens of LOTTERY products sellers. One guy is currently running ads on Craigslist, making you watch a long movie and shilling his software for 200 bux, which he 'suggests' can help you win 20,000 a month. Other multiple winners have all kinds of similar crap.

I've yet to win a big lottery, my bread and butter are what I call Supermarket wins...in Ohio, we can cash up to 599 without paperwork, and guess what I like to do? FLY LOW AND COLLECT THE DOUGH.

On the few occasions it was more than that, I let friends and family cash in and took a small %, iffin I ever go over 100k (Rolling cash 5) my kids will split it.

But I'm very happy to stay small potatoes, play with house money, and learn how many supermarkets there are in Northeast Ohio where I can run in, use the Lottery ATM, and be out in 10 minutes.

The BELL CURVE FLAT LINE report was released maybe a decade ago, and it is updated and now includes more on Scrying and Dreaming for Lottery wins.

Speaking of Dreams. Back in the 90's, I interviewed a lady, Mena Potts Ph.D, in Winterville Oh. Mena was the first person to receive a degree; her doctorate in THE PSYCHOLOGY OF DREAMS AND DREAMING. Since then scores of scholars have popped up all telling us what dreams mean.

With all due respect to the therapists, I don't care, only how DREAMS can help get me results in LOTTERY.

And my very unscientific theory is, you have to train your subconscious mind to give you dreams which you can interpret via your own CODE, not what some psychologist tells you it means about mommy or daddy.

No, it takes about 6 months of daily practice to tell your subconscious to give you lucid dreams just for lottery, and that is a reason I keep a pen with light built in and notebook next to bed.

And as for Scrying, don't know if that is all my imagination, and I only think I see lottery numbers in the crystal ball, or just making it up cause I want to believe I do...?????

Anyhow, that is my PRODUCT. A piece of paper mailed once a month, and an email follow up in about 2 weeks. Don't know if I can find 2500 Ohioans to send me 7 bux or not, guess it depends on my powerful copywriting skills.

Oh, I mean, TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT. What do I care if others win any money or not? Seriously? I hate those lottery experts who just want to help...for only 200 bux and then some.

Gordon

OH, and for the record, there is no such thing as a winning lottery system.
Old June 9, 2024, 12:51 PM

Even with your attitude now of "take it or leave it", what about the backend?

Is something irrelevant to you nowadays, or that is the really $$$ to be made?

Thanks.
Old June 9, 2024, 01:45 PM
Administrator

Default The back end is unnecessary, however...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePT View Post
Even with your attitude now of "take it or leave it", what about the backend?
Is something irrelevant to you nowadays, or that is the really $$$ to be made?
Thanks.

Thanks MikePT, I am about to write a whole new thread about the project, but let me answer your question first...actually, the project is irrelevant to me, nothing I have/need to do, making money is a side reward. So, my attitude about all of it as regards marketing, is...it doesn't matter to me.

I'll be fine without the project, but it is also very easy for me to do, and I'll explain all that in a new post.

As far as backends in general go, they should be primary product related, more targeted and or options, and have a customer "reward" feel about it.

As an example, at SCI, when we sold a 19.95 necklace, the fulfillment would have a lift for maybe matching ear rings. Or a ring or brooch. They would send out a small box of chocolates too on birthdays, and include a birthday gift discount. When you know what your customer has paid for, it is easier to find a product which they might also be interested in.

In my case, with a HOTSHEET as the primary target, it is based on a REPORT, which might be considered the other stand alone product, it will help the HOTSHEET subscribers to have read this (and deep discounts for them).

Then, when they get to the MAGIC part. The whole thing has 3 parts, Math, Luck and Magic. Well, I do scrying, candle rituals, dice, automatic writing, dream interpretation, astral projection all of which will be an option...no need to sell it, they pick it or they don't.

The HOTSHEET (and report) are the MATH part of things, then we'll get into luck...and me not knowing what it is, will ask the customer what it is to them, and therefore they tell me whether or not to offer amulets, talismans, pendants, charms. The customer chooses their path of backends.

It will be there, mostly as affiliates from me, but they don't mean anything to the bottom line, because...I'm not doing it for the bottom line. See?

Gordon
Old June 16, 2024, 01:28 AM

Default Is it Still HOT AS HADES In Portugal - MikePT?

Thanks MikePT,

Where do You Live in Portugal, Mike?

I keep coming across HIGH HEAT figures for Much of Portugal.

In USA high heat is Extending the "Tornado Alley" all the way to Maryland
where I live.

And up into Wisconsin - A customer just had to replace his roof due to Hail
damage.

Thanks,
Glenn