Go to the Main Business Forum page

Fly Low Collect the Dough UPDATE HOTLINE episodes. #1 [Archive] - Page 3 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Fly Low Collect the Dough UPDATE HOTLINE episodes. #1

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

GordonJ
October 8, 2016, 09:45 AM
Episode 3 Fly Low-Collect Dough UPDATE HOTLINE Gordon Jay Alexander

I see from my mail... You want more about one day workshops, copywriting and chatteling at higher rates. OK, we'll tackle these.

Your questions will fuel this newsletter, nothing in particular I have the need to tell you, will try to share all new things I and you find.

One day workshops. Some of you remember this from 20 years ago, I created my golf audio programs from doing these one day workshops and it paid in spades. Today, having tested Craigslist this past winter, friends, there is a huge opportunity for fast money. Consider the Craigslist ads are free.

You can read a couple of the ads I ran here: http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?p=37215

You need a place, my library is great they have rooms on a first come first serve effort, although they frown on paid things. But I normally hold the first meeting there or just call it tutoring. Other free locations could be churches (also a good source of customers) fraternal clubs, rent by the hour office spaces, some restaurants have meeting rooms, some schools and community centers also have rooms.

You need a subject. YOU have at least one and probably several. YOU have experience in some areas which other people would want and they are willing to pay for. My kid is a professional trainer and has worked at one of New York City's largest training businesses where she teaches professionals how to make presentations. They pay thousands of dollars for this. Recently she has been doing these little one day workshops, and testing prices. You can get more at 35 dollars, and it is a good starting point if you have a back end, or stick with 50 or 100. I like 125 for the more technical or specialized workshops.

OH, as an aside, I could help you develop your own proprietary course, one which you might even want to license to other people to use. We may be licensing ours soon too. Email me, we'll talk about some ideas.

Quick story. Annie Hershey was my astrology teacher. She went on 2 free cruises a year with her husband. The cruise ship hired her, paid for her transportation, gave them a nice suite, and she would do astrology readings a couple hours a day for the passengers. She was a colorful character and they loved her. Likewise, I know a Tarot Card reader who did the same thing. Cruise ships love to offer unusual entertainment. If you have something like this in your repertoire, then check into it.

Several years ago I took a handwriting course, and if I wanted, could offer that as a workshop too.

Ask your questions about One Day Workshops and I'll do my best to answer them in future episodes.

Here are the Q and A from the first two episodes. Again, anonymous if you want, or a name and URL link if you want. I'm flexible.

Q. How do I use the POA and SQ1 to make money?

A. Great question. Here is a link to the answer: http://www.sowpub.com/gordon/financialpicto.gif

The financial pictogrigm shows some of the most popular sources of income. We see work at the top and this is what most people do to make their money. It comes down to exchanging value, and there are the following things to consider; demand, supply, toll position, delivery, quality and economies of the demand/supply.

The reason a bench warmer for an NBA team is making millions of dollars because the demand for NBA basketball is so huge. Compare to the demand for professional woman's basketball, which is very low. Sure a good teacher who influences lives is woefully underpaid, but a guy who can throw a 98 mph fastball in the strike zone is going to make millions of dollars.

So, you have to start with DEMAND and the markets. Look over the financial pictogrigm and if you have questions, I'll answer them.

Q. What toys did you create and how did you sell them?\

A. One was called Froggin Poggin, back when pogs were popular. It was basically a pog with a Velcro strip on it, and a paddle ball with a Velcro strip and the player could throw the ball to turn them over and then pick up the pogs. Sold it to a guy who saw us demonstrate it at a toy show. The other was a flying bean bag game. The bags were round, the “Alien” was stick in the ground or lay on the ground and the player flew the bean bags like a Frisbee into it's mouth or when on the ground could toss or roll it in. Again, it sold at a toy fair. I probably should have developed these myself, I feel they could have been bigger, but sometimes distribution and testing are too costly for the developer, so why not let the deep pockets do it?

Also, I have a couple of games up on the shelf, one is called Roll Boll, a ball slightly smaller than a boccie ball is rolled to a hole like in miniature golf. Our test set up had every hole a hole in one possibility, so the player either got a 1 or 2 on their scorecard. Also, have a golf game too.

Q. What is the deal on postcards you've talked about at SowPub and Warrior Forum?

A. Found out there is too much running around, so sticking with businesses already spending bigger money on advertising, like full pages in the “Yellow pages”, or on billboards. They get up to 13,000 bux a month for one billboard on the busy expressway. THOSE are the guys I'll offer to do a giant postcard to an area for about 2500 to 2800 all inclusive and pocket 1000 bux and let another company do all the work. Won't leave the house if it doesn't have 1000 bux profit in it.

Q. Is Harvey Brody ever going to get a new product out?

A. I don't know, but I highly doubt it. Look, there is a ton of info out there already and if you have any questions, Dien and I are as familiar as anyone with Harvey's methods. What most people don't get, it comes down to mindset, not a step by step instruction.

OK. Let me know what I can address and discuss in future episodes, OK?

Thanks for listening.

Gordon Jay Alexander

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page